Atomic Hardz POP 50mm Floating Lure
The Pop 50 casts like a bullet and is designed as a subtle popper. The downfacing cup encourages a subtle bloop when used with a traditional popper retrieve. Alternatively this design can also deliver a brilliant walk the dog action, perfect for chasing surface feeding estuary fish without scaring them off as louder larger cup faced poppers can often do. Dynamite on whiting, this lure is a must have in any lure fishos arsenal.
Action: Walk the dog or blooping
bream, bass, whiting
WHEN TO TIE ONE ON
The Pop 50 is a unique popper with a downturned cupped face.It is perfect for flats fishing and around oyster racks. Whiting and bream will readily hunt in the shallows and whiting will prowl sand banks in numbers looking for baitfish and prawns. In summer bass will also rise to any surface presentation. Target areas include weed beds, sand flats and even the shallows of estuaries or canal systems. Surface lures are ideal for the warmer months.
HOW TO USE
• Estuary outfits in maximum 4-10lb range will yield best results when casting. Braided lines with a mono leader will be best for this. Mono floats and will keep the lure on the surface.
• Use a loop knot for the best action. It allows the lure to swim freely.
• Over flats and areas where a long cast is necessary, a longer rod will help. Cast downwind and use the wind for that all important distance.
• Use plenty of pauses for bream and wind fast for whiting are the general rules. A pause for several seconds is not out of the question for bream.
• The small cupped face produces a subtle splash.
THINK OUTSIDE THE SQUARE
• Fish hitting surface lures are clumsy, so to improve your chances, change the rear treble for an Atomic assist hook or Gamakatsu Wide Gape treble.